How do you put together a Funeral Order of Service?
Putting a Funeral Order of Service together is not the easiest of tasks, at Prontaprint Bishop’s Stortford we want to provide you with all the help and practical advice you might need. We will guide you through how to create your Order of Service and give hints and tips for you to consider along the way.
An Order of Service is much more than just a list of hymns and poems. It can be a fitting tribute to your loved one, a keepsake for family and friends who attend the funeral service and a memento for those unable to attend on the day.
Where do I begin?
Before we start, please remember, all Order of Service are personal and bespoke, whatever you feel suits the occasion is always the best idea, the below are just guidelines and information to help during this hard time.
- Once you have met the celebrant or funeral officiant the order of service will start to make much more sense to you. They will provide you with a running order, suggested hymns, readings and the wording they would like used.
- If you do need wording for hymns, the internet can be a great resource but be careful, there are many versions or hymns/prayers/readings so always check with your officiant that what you have is the correct version.
- At this stage you can think about photos that you would like to use, you can have none, one or many, again this is all up to the family. Digital, hard copy photos or a mixture of both can all be used and don’t worry we can crop photos if needed to make sure your loved one is the main focus.
- On the front page traditionally, you will find a picture with a date of birth, death. the details of the funeral, the date, time and place and perhaps a short message or epitah.
- The back page is often used as an opportunity to add more photographs with information such as messages of thanks, any charity information for donations you might like to suggest and details of a wake, refreshments or a funeral reception you would like people to attend.
- You can then decide if you want to put together an electronic version yourself or if you want to pass the electronic set up of the document over to Prontaprint. We have a range of suggested templates and card options that you can view either online or at our centre in Bishops Stortford. With over 20 years of experience, if you have any questions or queries, please ask, we are here to help.
We work to the highest standards
in traditional and digital printing.
Let your business stand out – from banners to exhibition kits.
Bringing ideas to life – from logos and identities to posters and brochures.
From sourcing the mailing list to delivering the mailer – we cover it all.
40 years of service
We have been operating since 1971 - more than 40 years of serving local and national businesses and all their print needs.
Request a quote
If you would like a quote, want to ask a question or just get in touch, click here ... remember, anything is possible!
Products and Services we provide: